We are seeking a Lead Greenhouse Technician to manage and lead a cultivation team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead and manage indoor cultivation facility team
- Ensure the excellent health and growth of plants including proper watering, fertilization, pruning, spacing, spraying, integrated pest management (IPM), and temperature control.
- Perform all cultivation tracking and recordkeeping functions within the seed to sale electronic system remaining in compliance with the department’s rules and regulations.
- Responsible for training of entire cultivation team.
- Manage plant scheduling to accurately project all garden requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to maximize high-quality yield with efficiency and attention to production costs.
- Schedule, manage and oversee cloning processes, achieving a minimum 90% success rate.
- Execute preventative maintenance program including elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Adept at industry best-practices and current on new techniques and insight with respect to nutrient of individual strains, high yield recipes, controlled stress environments to different lighting systems and set ups.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Cannabis and knowledge of effects of strains and types of medicinal administration.
- Assist state and local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure requirements.
- Execute and maintain a world-class facility maintenance and troubleshooting.
Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
Delegation – Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Leadership – Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Gives appropriate recognition to others.
Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Diploma or Degree in Science/Horticulture/Production or equivalent experience Minimum of 5 years of supervisory and nursery industry/horticulture experience; Practical experience and knowledge in plant cultivation and identification
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient in Microsoft Office and production/inventory management systems
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.