If you wonder whether someone has accessed your Outlook or Hotmail account, follow this article to know more about this. You will be able to find out all the signs in Activities and see if a third-party has accessed your account or not. Also, we have mentioned some suggestions on what you need to do if you find suspicious activities.
As almost everything is now digitalized, people often face problems regarding suspicious activity in their email and social media accounts. Microsoft allows users to check the recent sign-in location and time. Not only that but also you can find the following information-
- Device or Platform: Whether it was a mobile browser, app, Windows, iOS, Android, or anything else.
- Browser: It shows the name of the browser – no matter whether it is Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.
- IP address: It is probably an essential thing to obtain when you would like to investigate further.
- Account alias
- Session activity: If it was a successful or unsuccessful sign in.
- Location: Although it shows a map with location, it might not be useful when someone used a VPN to mask their IP address and location.
How to tell if someone accessed your Outlook account
To see if someone has access to your Outlook or Hotmail account, follow these steps-
- Sign in to Outlook or Hotmail account in the browser.
- Click on your profile picture and select My account.
- Click on the Security option on the top menu bar.
- Click the View my activity button.
- Verify your identity by entering the password.
- Expand each sign-in activity and start analyzing.
Open the official website to sign in to your Outlook or Hotmail account. After doing that, click on your profile picture visible on the top-right corner and select My account option.
Following that, Click on the Security option visible on the top menu bar. Now, Find out the View my activity button under Sign-in activity and click on it.
It asks you to verify your sign-in. Do it by entering the password. Once you do that, it shows all the recent sign-in activities. As said earlier, it shows all the details like location, IP address, protocol, platform, etc.
If you find any suspicious activity, these following tips and tricks will help you.
We also have a Microsoft account recovery guide for the victims. Maybe you want to take a look at it.
- Tags: Outlook