With iOS 14 allowing home screen options like never before, everyone is desperate to know how to aesthetically customise their background. The latest thing is to turn the classic Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Netflix icons into a Neon logo.
It’s always exciting when a new iOS update is released as iPhone fans are desperate to test out all the new features. Well, iOS 14 has finally come out and Apple’s software has had one of its biggest shakeups yet.
Within the array of features, it allows you to customise your background to your preferences, and here’s how to make your logos Neon.
Can you change logos with iOS 14?
After it was first announced in June, iOS 14 was finally launched globally on September 16th, 2020.
The massive update has allowed people to redesign their home screens with widgets. This has secured a new system to align the apps and have the option to customise colour schemes, matching the background and icons.
Users can now move their apps into bigger folders and arrange their home screens around widgets showing sports, entertainment, news and lots more. The add on of widgets allows users to use an app without having to tap into the app itself. You also have the option of changing the visual logos of apps, and here’s how to make your icons Neon.
How to get Neon logos:
- First of all, you must scroll through Pinterest, Tumblr or Google images to find the Neon logo that you want to use as the cover icon for your home screen. You can find some useful pictures on Pinterest under “neon logos” or “baddie aesthetic.”Save the picture to your library ready to select later.
- Download the Shortcuts app on your iOS iPhone and launch the app.
- Now tap on the ‘+’ in the top right corner of your screen
- Next tap on ‘Add action’ and then search for ‘Open app’ in the search bar.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Open App’ under the Actions section and tap ‘Choose’.
- You will now get a list of all the apps you have on your device. Find the app you wish to change and tap on it to select it.
- Once the app has been added to the shortcut action, tap on the ‘3-dot’ icon in the right-hand corner and add a name for your shortcut.
- Now tap on ‘Add to Home Screen’ and enter the name for your home screen icon under ‘Home Screen Name and Icon’. You should probably use the official app name to make it easier to find.
- Now that you have entered the name, tap on the icon beside the text and tap on ‘Choose Photo’.
- Now choose the neon photo that you want to use as your app icon from your photo library. Tap on it to choose it.
- You can now crop your Neon icon to your desired dimensions once you are done, tap on ‘Choose’ in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Then, tap on ‘Add’ at the top right corner of your screen, this will have added it to your home screen, tap on ‘Done’ in the right-hand corner again and then go on your home screen and the Neon app will appear.
How Snapchat, Instagram, Tiktok, Facebook and Netflix look in Neon!
In other news, Who are the cast of the ‘Ratched’ series? New Netflix horror show character reveal