Thanksgiving is almost here! So it’s time to take your family feast up a notch with our delicious CBD-infused recipes.
Is it even Thanksgiving if your table isn’t filled with a whole host of delicious dishes? From tender turkey with stuffing to crispy potatoes and of course, tons of gravy, it’s safe to say Thanksgiving is a holiday our bellies look forward to. Thanks to the ever-growing availability of CBD, it’s now possible to infuse your holiday meals with a dose of this popular cannabinoid.
There are many innovative ways in which you can take CBD oil. There’s CBD topicals for skin ailments, CBD softgels for convenience or even smoke high-CBD hemp flowers for instant pain relief. However, lots of people are now choosing to ingest their CBD oil along with their morning coffee or in their favourite dishes.
That’s why we’ve gathered up some of the best CBD infused Thanksgiving recipes just in time for the holidays. First, let’s take a brief look at what CBD is before digging into our holiday recipes.
What is CBD?
For those of you who aren’t familiar with CBD, here’s the 411. CBD is one of hundreds of cannabinoids found in the cannabis plant. Tons of research studies are underway proving the many therapeutic benefits that users of CBD oil already report. These include aiding sleep, anxiety disorders, pain relief, benefitting neurological conditions, even combating acne. CBD is proving to be a truly versatile cannabinoid!
One thing worth noting is that it will not give you a buzz like regular cannabis – so no need to worry about getting your family high this holiday! This ‘buzz’ associated with typical recreational cannabis comes from one of its sister cannabinoids – THC. In regular CBD oil or other medicated CBD products, there is only traces amounts THC present. In fact, this is also a legal requirement in both the US and EU.
In short – you’ll reap the health benefits of CBD, but without an added high. Let’s see how we can add some of these health benefits into your thanksgiving festivities with some amazing CBD-infused recipes.
CBD Recipes for Thanksgiving.
For the Main Course:
CBD Gravy (Meat Based)
Total cooking time: 15 mins
1/2 cup CBD butter (made using hemp CBD Flowers)
1 tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp Salt
2 tbsp fresh sage, chopped
1/2 cup flour (or gluten-free flour)
4 cups of turkey drippings from roasting pan (or sub for chicken/turkey stock)
- Melt the CBD butter in a large saucepan over medium to high heat and then add the black pepper, salt and sage.
- Next, slowly add the flour while whisking the mixture continuously.
- Once the flour is fully incorporated, add the turkey drippings or stock. Whisk until all ingredients are fully integrated and the mixture is smooth.
- Let the gravy cook for a couple of minutes, or until it achieves the desired consistency and thickness.
- Pour over your Thanksgiving dinner and enjoy your CBD-infused dish!
CBD Rosemary Stuffing
Recipe adapted from Bluebird Botanicals
Total cooking time: 3 Hours
1 Loaf Crusty Bread
6 TBSP Butter
1 Sprig Rosemary
3 Leaves Sage
2 Cups Chicken Broth (Can be subbed for Vegetable broth!)
1 Head of Garlic
1 Large Onion
3 Celery Stalks
1 ½ Cups Mushroom
20 – 40 Drops of CBD Oil (Depending on desired strength)
- Preheat Oven to 400 F. Peel off outer layer of garlic, then cut off top of head to expose the tops of each clove. Place head of garlic in a cupcake tin and pour 2 Tbsp Olive Oil on top. Place a second cupcake tin on top, and bake for 1 hour. Let cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 225 F. Cut loaf of bread into 1” cubes and spread out on a baking sheet. Mix 30 drops of Hemp Complete and 2 tbsp of olive oil together and drizzle over the top of the bread. Bake for 20 minutes, stir to re-arrange cubes, and repeat twice for a total of 1 hour baking. Preheat oven to 375 when complete.
- Dice onions, celery, rosemary, sage, and mushrooms.
- Melt 4 tbsp of butter on low heat. Add in celery, onion, and ⅔ tsp salt (to taste). Stir occasionally for 15-20 min until onions are translucent. Add in herbs and cook for 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Turn heat to high. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil, when hot add mushrooms and ¼ tsp salt. Cook 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix mushrooms, onion, and celery together in a bowl, and add in 25 drops of Complete 6X and 4 mashed cloves of garlic
- Whisk eggs, ¼ tsp salt, and freshly ground pepper (to taste) into chicken broth. Stir vegetable mixture and bread into this and stir until evenly coated. Pour into 9×13 pan.
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter and stir in 15 drops of CBD Oil. Drizzle over the top of the stuffing. Top with foil and bake for 25 minutes at 375F. Remove foil and bake for another 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Let stuffing cool slightly. Enjoy!
CBD Infused Apple Pie
Recipe adapted from tasty.co
Total cooking time: 1hr
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ sticks cubed butter (cold)
- 10-20 drops CBD Oil
- 8 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2 ½ lb granny smith apple(1 kg), cored, sliced, peeled
- ¾ cup sugar(150 g)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the flour and salt. Mix with a fork until combined.
- Add in cubed butter and break up into flour with a fork.
- Gradually add the ice water and continue to mix until the dough starts to come together. If the dough is too dry then add more ice water.
- Add your chosen amount of CBD Oil (we recommend 10-20 drops at a low strength for better flavour).
- Work the dough together with your hands and turn out onto a surface. Work into a ball and cover with cling wrap. Refrigerate.
- Peel the apples, then core and slice.
- In a bowl, add the sliced apples, sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and juice from the lemon. Mix until combined and all apples are coated.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (200°C).
- On a floured surface, cut the pie dough in half and roll out both halves until round and about ⅛-inch (3 mm) thick. Roll the dough around the rolling pin and unroll onto a pie dish making sure the dough reaches all edges.
- Pour in apple filling mixture and pat down.
- Roll the other half of dough on top. Trim the extra dough from the edges and pinch the edges to create a crimp. Make sure edges are sealed together.
- Brush the pie with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Cut four slits in the top of the pie to create a vent.
- Bake pie for 50-60 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
- Dig in!
We hope you’ll enjoy getting creative in the kitchen with these awesome CBD Thanksgiving recipes. Want more CBD Cooking ideas? Why not check out our recipes for CBD sweet treats or wake up post-holiday to a CBD Infused breakfast? Happy holidays everyone!