Michelle Newhart, PhD and William Dolphin go over their new book, The Medicalization of Marijuana: Legitimacy, Stigma, and the Patient Encounter. Learn what their analysis on mid-life individuals in Colorado reveals about what it indicates to participate in a state healthcare cannabis system. Hear how patient experiences with healthcare cannabis match with that of other medicines — and do not — and hear how that is altering as medicalization marches forward alongside competing “recreational” definitions that complicate the challenge.
The webinar covers:
– Challenges in sorting precise details about cannabis
– Trends in medical doctor-patient interactions around cannabis
– Patterns for managing medical cannabis use, and defining what is “healthcare”
– Variations involving healthcare and non-healthcare patterns of use
– Dangers to individuals and how theycombat stigma
– Cannabis in the context of medicine, wellness, and Significant Pharma