Veterinary group warns about pets ingesting marijuana

[ad_1]

(American Veterinary Medical Affiliation picture)

With legalization of adult-use marijuana set to start Jan. 1 in Illinois, the American Veterinary Medical Affiliation is warning residents of the risks marijuana ingestion could cause their pets.

“We’ve seen a marked improve in any state that has legalized marijuana, the place there’s been an enormous spike within the quantity of instances of animals coming into veterinary hospitals, clearly underneath the consequences of marijuana,” stated Dr. John de Jong, president of the AVMA.

De Jong stated THC, the psychoactive substance in marijuana, is poisonous to canines. The AVMA stated an animal’s ingestion of THC could cause vomiting, incoordination, melancholy, sleepiness or excitation, low blood stress, low physique temperature and seizures.

Edible merchandise, which can turn into authorized in Illinois Jan. 1 as effectively, serve a specific danger. That’s as a result of they’re…

Authentic Creator Hyperlink click on right here to learn full story..

[ad_2]

Latest posts